Wednesday, April 9, 2008

HelloSoft Converges on Nokia E-Series

Given that all I really care about is making a phone call, I like HelloSoft because they're greasing the skids for making phone calls without worrying about where the call actually happens. So even though I don't have a smartphone running Symbian -- at least, not yet -- I was excited by the company's news tonight about its HelloMobileCommunicator-FMC for Nokia’s E-Series handsets. HelloSoft's technology delivers seamless handoff between any access network -- Wi-Fi, WiMAX, WCDMA, EVDO and HSDPA/HSUPA. I know because I've used it.

With Nokia owning the largest single market share -- about 40 percent - of the mobile handest market, this promises a huge advance for end users. "We've leveraged Nokia's E-series to give the market more choices for Fixed Mobile Convergence," says Ron Victor, HelloSoft Vice President and General Manager for Business Development.

Expect to hear more from HelloSoft in coming months.

No comments: